Kite Hill Public Relations, a new and fast growing public relations consultancy based in New York City, is looking for a savvy, enthusiastic Senior PR Associate.
Looking for a PR position where you’re encouraged to learn new things, take on exciting projects and have a work-life balance? At Kite Hill Public Relations, you’ll have the opportunity to work directly with the founder and CEO, Tiffany Guarnaccia, and dive into the exciting world of technology public relations.
The agency focuses on the ad tech, music tech and media industries. Working with the best of the best, many of the agency’s clients have made the “Forbes 100 Most Promising Companies” list year after year.
This candidate will be focused on media outreach, relationship building and will be encouraged to take a proactive, creative approach to managing PR campaigns. You’ll be a team pitch hitter, who is not afraid to pick up the phone and pitch a journalist to get a “home run” media placement.
The candidate should:
- Be a self-starter as well as a team player. You’ll be working with the agency’s growing team of PR Pros.
- Be organized and detail oriented.
- Have solid written and oral communications skills. The candidate will be responsible for writing and editing press materials for clients, including bylined articles, messaging documents and press releases.
- Perform in a fast-paced, multi-priority environment. The candidate will be working across a variety accounts and will need to be able to manage multiple client projects simultaneously.
- Assist with large and small-scale events. The agency handles the press for national events as well as branded client events. The candidate will be responsible for assisting with media outreach around these events.
- Experience working on ad tech accounts strongly preferred.
- Have a passion for the PR industry. This is a must!
- B.A./B.S. in Marketing, Public Relations or related discipline.
- Strong research, organizational and presentation skills
- Experience in media pitching and outreach
- Sharp editing skills a must
- Ability to work a flexible schedule
- 3-5 years public relations experience at a PR agency or in-house.
- Annual salary commensurate with experience.
- Benefits include a membership at the local New York Health & Racquet Club, Happy Hour Thursdays and work from home Fridays, as part of a Kite Hill PR’s broader work-life balance program.
Interested candidates should submit a resume and cover letter via email directly to Tiffany@KiteHillPR.com. No phone calls please.